27 February 2008

Looking back

When looking throughout my rhetorical analysis, I notice how I really need to proof read my paper before I turn in my paper. But I already know that that’s the hardest thing for me to do. I don’t want to look at my paper again after I’ve written it. I just want to turn it in and not deal with it anymore.

I think my ideas worked really well. The only problem was how I executed it. That’s the hardest thing. I have to just sit down and write and get everything out until the paper is done. The hardest thing for me to do when I have to write a paper is to just write. I can’t pay attention for a long enough time get all my ideas out. Plus some times I’ll be talking to other people about my ideas and a little bit later when I try to put it down on paper I get end up forgetting everything that I had just talked about.

Proof reading is one of the basic things that go along with writing a paper. I know that I need to just get someone else to proof read it and then I can rewrite it with less mistakes. I also have problems with the words that I chose. I write more like the way I talk. Obviously that can’t happen in a college paper but it is easier for me to write that way. I would rather write like that than properly like everyone is supposed to.

Another thing that I know I need to work on is the way my papers flow. Through out high school and elementary school it wasn’t taught very well. It wasn’t easy for me to learn. I get the concept but I never want to take so much time to work on the flow.

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Yes I agree that editing your paper after you had already written it is a little tedious and can be very obnoxious. I find it easier to have someone else look at it and edit it, then later on that night I'll read it again and fix anything else that i catch. It also helps to start earlier then the night before, because I know by then I wouldn't care too much about the paper, so that way you ideas can develop and change if necessary!